Setup Samsung Mobile for Internet Connection in Computer
Since I have noticed many Samsung Android mobile users couldn’t find the Samsung Kies Software and procedure to setup the Samsung Kies software, I decided to provide an easy procedure to connect Samsung Android mobile to PC for Internet Connection.Keep in mind that this procedure is only applicable for Samsung Android phones.This includes but not limited to Sony,Motorola,Micromax and HTC android devices.But this tutorial doesn’t applicable to any OS platform rather than Android.
How to make Internet Connection in PC with Samsung Android Phone?
- Tethering comes as pre-installed option on Samsung Android OS mobiles in Settings Application.Tethering allows the user to use the mobile data connection on PC or share the the same with other users through WiFi. There are two types of tethering possible on Android Mobiles.They are
- USB Tethering
- WiFi tethering
- Bluetooth tethering
- The USB tethering helps you to use the mobile Internet connection in computer through the USB cable.This one is efficient method and recommended if single user wants to use the mobile data pack.
- The WiFi tethering allows you to use Mobile’s Internet Connection in PC by Wireless Technology (Wi-Fi).This method doesn’t require any wires like Data Cable for data transfer. Wi-Fi tethering is recommended if multiple users want to share the internet connection on their Computers.Similarly this method is applicable to Bluetooth tethering.
Requirements for using Mobile data connection in Computer:
- WiFi tethering is good technique to use Internet in computer since you don’t need any Data Cable.But make sure you laptop is WiFi compatible or installed WiFi adapter in PC.
- Before going to setup WiFi tethering,you must install Samsung Mobile Drivers in your computer.Since Samsung doesn’t provide the option to download the driver software separately you must download Samsung Kies software to install Samsung mobile driver.To download the Samsung Kies software click here to download from official Samsung Website.
- If you have already installed the Samsung Mobile drivers then you may leave this step.
How To Setup WiFi Tethering in Samsung Android Mobiles?
- After the completion of Samsung mobile driver software installation, go to the settings application on your Android mobile and select the Wireless and networks.Kindly note this step may depend upon Samsung mobile models due to Android version.
- Under the Settings application, click Tethering & Portable Hotspot.
- Now you have to setup the WiFi Hotspot settings such as Network SSID,Security and Password.I recommend you to select Security mode as WPA2 PSK.
- Finally save the settings and enable the Portable WiFi Hotspot.For your reference I have attached a screenshot below:
- Now you will get new WiFi network on your computer.The WiFi network name will be same as which you entered at Network SSID.
- Connect to the WiFi network and enter the password to use Internet connection in your computer :)The same procedure will be applicable to Bluetooth tethering but you have to change tethering option to Bluetooth instead of WiFi.
How To setup USB Tethering in Samsung Android phones?
- After driver installation,Connect your mobile to PC through Data cable.
- Press main menu–>Settings–>Wireless & Networks–>Tethering & Portable Hotspot. Enable the USB Tethering (this option will be visible only when mobile is connected to PC via USB cable).
- Finally the internet connection is successfully made in your PC with the help of Samsung Android Mobile.
Wanna to Thank me?
I’m very happy if I solved your problem.Am I right? If yes, you can add me on Google+ circle instead of saying thanks.It helps you to get future updates from me
Add Manikandan J to your Google+ Circle.
Still you are facing problem with your Samsung Mobile regarding Internet Connection? Sorry to hear this let me know your problem via comments and solve it ASAP